The University of Stirling, established in 1967 via a royal charter, is an excellent public university in Stirling, Scotland. Lord Lionel Robbins, an acclaimed economist, was the college’s first chancellor. Students can pursue each bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes at the university’s five faculties. The programmes cover various areas of education like accountancy, biology, commercial enterprise, computer technology, creative writing, media, and politics. The college obtained accreditation from the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and is affiliated with the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU). Notably, the college received five stars (the best rating) in the college scores by QS World under five categories, including employability, coaching, inclusiveness, and internationalization, in 2016.
Why you should study at the University of Stirling
The University of Stirling gives learning surroundings that encourage innovative thinking. Aiming to transform the universe, it attracts workforce and college students who’re high-quality. More reasons to study here are: –
- With the exceptional educational opportunities it offers its college students, the University of Stirling constantly ranks high among universities worldwide. The University of Stirling is dedicated to supplying its college students with a clear professional path, international-elegance training, and excessive levels of education, as confirmed through ample proof.
- The University of Stirling gives several tools to help college students during and after their academic careers.
- UOS gives the University of Stirling Undergraduate Choice Scholarship to qualified college students from England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland to help with the extra costs of analyzing, which include the journey to Scotland.
- All students from England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland who meet the requirements in their offer and choose the University of Stirling as their Firm or Insurance preference on UCAS will acquire a GBP 1,000 (INR 95,000) cash award through their Undergraduate Choice scholarship.
How to Apply at the University of Stirling
Before you start your application, you have to test the entry necessities for your chosen course. A minimum of a second-class Honours degree or equivalent is needed for postgraduate degrees. Still, a few courses also require a higher award level and relevant work experience within a chosen course area.
Suppose you’re an international scholar and don’t meet the desired academic and English-language criteria for access to any degree. In that case, There are some preparatory programmes for progression into an extensive range of postgraduate levels at Stirling.
Step by step process of application into The University of Stirling: –
- Apply via the authentic website
- Choose the desired course.
- Fill up the student’s information.
- Upload required documents
- Pay the application fee.
When to apply
Applications are accepted up to a year before your course start date and are accepted throughout the year.
UK applicants: No formal application deadline for UK postgraduate candidates.
International applicants: 2023/24 application time limits are to be confirmed.
Documents Required to Apply at the University of Stirling
- High school facts
- Official transcripts
- Senior year grades
- Study permit
- School report form
- Teacher assessment
- English proficiency check scores
- Proof of monetary availability
- ACT or SAT rating
Exams Accepted By the University
MBA/PGDM IELTS: 6.0 & Above, PTE: 61.0 & Above
B.TECH IELTS: 6.0 & Above, PTE: 54.0 & Above
B.Sc PTE: 54.0 & Above, IELTS: 6.0 & Above
BBA IELTS: 6.0 & Above, PTE: 54.0 & Above
MS IELTS: 6.5 & Above, PTE: 62.0 & Above
MIM PTE: 61.0 & Above, IELTS: 6.5 & Above
English Proficiency Requirements
International students are required to submit proof of their English Language Proficiency as mentioned: –
Test Minimum Scores
TOEFL iBT 78 or higher
IELTS 6.0 or higher
TOEFL CBT 78 or higher
DUOLINGO 95 or higher
Services offered by the university
The University’s Library helps develop undergraduate students into prospective researchers and houses the essential educational assets for graduate college students and instructors.
- The Library of The University of Stirling is open to readers & inexperienced persons.
- The Health Sciences Librarian allows you to find the needed materials by guiding you via the Library’s assets.
- Over 500,000 books and more significant than 9,000 journals are kept at the Library—the Library homes the files of the novelist Patrick McGrath and the director Norman McLaren.
- A modest movie theatre complex referred to as the MacRobert Arts Centre is on the market.
Apply Now: May 2023 Intake in the UK for International Students