Humber College is a world leader in polytechnic education. Students receive in-depth theoretical learning and hands-on experience through applied research.
Our more than 200 full-time programs offer practical and theoretical learning, state-of-the-art labs and creative spaces. We also have work-integrated learning opportunities like co-op and internships, field placements, practicums and practicums.
Humber’s five Centres of Innovation offer students the chance to work with industry in real-world applied research projects. These centres are a network of multidisciplinary innovation centers specializing in technology, health and wellness, entrepreneurship and business.
Students interested in international opportunities can benefit from short- and long-term learning abroad and placements. Faculty-led study tours with 40+ academic partners across six continents can also be arranged.
Award-winning faculty members work in their field to help students. This is the Humber College advantage and our approach to polytechnic training.
Humber College by the Numbers
- There are more than 86,000 learners in three countries.
- Scholarships and bursaries are worth $2.5 million for first-year students and $4 million for all students.
- Received more than 110,000 applications for program grants
- There are more than 200 programs with over 17 study areas.
- Approximately 6,500 international students come from over 130 countries.
- According to the 2020-2021 Ontario Key Performance Indicator survey, 100 percent of employers are satisfied with hiring Humber Graduates.
- Research Infosource Inc. ranked Humber College as the second-best research college in Ontario and Canada.
Life at Humber College
Humber College, Toronto
Humber’s three locations in Toronto offer city living in a natural setting. The Humber Arboretum on the North Campus covers 250 acres and has six kilometers worth of walking trails. The Lakeshore Campus sits adjacent to 50 acres of parkland.
Humber’s International Graduate School is located in Toronto’s tech and financial district. You will receive a differentiated education in small, collaborative classes using adaptive technology.
Humber Student Life
Students can participate in many activities, including fitness classes, top varsity sports teams, a student newspaper, a radio and television station, and many social clubs. Students are supported by IGNITE and the Guelph–Humber student government. IGNITE hosts events that help students make new friends and get involved in extracurricular activities.
Humber’s campuses have modern libraries, open-access computers and training labs. There are also workout facilities. There is also a spa. Some eateries serve snacks and full meals.
Humber College Residence
Humber housing gives an ideal combination of independence, social life and security; Humber housing offers a great balance. The residences provide a full-service residence life program that includes common areas, cafeterias, and laundry facilities. Students will find everything they need in the residences. The North Campus residences house 1,000 students, and the Lakeshore Campus residence houses 40.
Humber College Student Services
Students have access to all services to help them succeed in school and beyond. It isn’t easy to start college. Humber developed the “We Got You” initiative to help students navigate college spaces and meet new people. Students, both current and incoming, have many resources at their disposal.
Visit Humber.ca/student-life for more information.
Humber’s Career & Students Success Advisors offer guidance and support for students from the time they start their program to graduation. They will help students navigate their academic and professional journeys and connect them with on-campus resources.
Our Career Services include:
- Career Advising
- Online job portal
- Online and in-person cover letter and resume review
- Interview Preparation
- Career Assessments
- Career Resources
Current Humber students, as well as recent alumni, can access Career Services. For more information or to book an appointment with one of our advisors, please visit careers.humber.ca
Here are the top reasons to study there
- Professors at Humber bring years of industry experience to the classroom.
- Humber was the first Canadian public college to adopt the Okanagan Charter, setting a lofty goal to become the nation’s healthiest campus.
- You will have the opportunity to get practical experience both in-class or on-the-job through our programs that combine theory and hands-on learning.
Apply Here: January 2023 intake in Canada Universities