Robert Gordon University has been recognized regionally and internationally because of its outstanding teaching, close connections with industry and top graduate employability records. Robert Gordon had the vision of providing education for all youths and has been preparing students for the workplace since then.
This vision of creating a brighter and better future for their students and the world around them is something they continue to embrace today.
The idyllic location on the banks of the River Dee is ideal for study and space. It is also only a short drive from the centre of the city. To ensure that the campus is ready for practical learning, they have invested more than £135m in it.
They are driven by industry needs and offer courses that allow you to apply your new skills in a practical setting through placements and state-of-the-art teaching facilities.
Why Choose Robert Gordon University?
Aberdeen – Based in the UK’s safest city (Mercer Quality of Living Rankings), Aberdeen has many things to offer. Aberdeen offers everything, from beaches to mountains to castles and cinemas. The campus is easy to find, and students love it.
Part-time jobs: Students can attend career fairs throughout the year. There is also a fair for part-time work to assist students who want to study while working.
Student population: 17000 from more than 132 countries.
High graduate employment – 1st in Scotland, 2nd in the UK in Graduate Employment Rate (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020) – Our students are ready to work when they finish their courses. They are also snapped up fast!
Startup opportunities: RGU has an Innovation and Entrepreneurship Hub that funds startups through its accelerator program. Each year, the program welcomes up to 30 new teams. These teams will receive up to £10,000 in initial funding to fund their startup. This program is open to all RGU students, employees and alumni.
Supportive Environment: The university offers many services on-site for students. These include the Careers center, Disability and Dyslexia Centre, Childcare Nursery, Student Counselling and Wellbeing Service, Study Skills and Access Centre, and more.
Recognitions and Awards
- Scottish University of the Year 2021 (Times Higher Education 2020)
- Business School of 2020, for our work-based learning and teaching methods. (Times Higher Education 2020 Awards).
- The Guardian University Guide 2022 – Top Modern University in Scotland for Course Satisfaction
- The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022 – Top Modern University in Scotland for Student Experience
- National Student Survey 2021: Top 10 Students in Scotland and UK*
- The Complete University Guide 2022 identifies them as a top-ranked university in Scotland. This reflects their commitment to providing a high-quality, demand-driven curriculum adaptable to the industry’s needs and requirements.
- The Guardian University Guide 2022 – Top Modern Universities in Scotland for Graduate Prospects
- In the Graduate Employment Rate Measure (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020), Scotland ranks 1st and the UK 2nd.
Scholarships at Robert Gordon University
The university supports the Saltire Scholarship (selected countries only), the Chevening scholarship, the GREAT Scholarship, and many other country-specific scholarships. All of these are visible here. International students receive a discount of £3,000 for entering year 1 or 2 or £2,000 if they enter year 2 or 3 of an Undergraduate degree.
Student Life Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University’s Masterplan is a £120million campus development project on their Garthdee campus. It provides all students and staff with state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities.
Which contain a new library and will be open to students and faculty, as well as formal and informal learning. In September 2013, the first phase opened for business, giving the university and local community access to some of the most advanced facilities in the UK.
Services Robert Gordon University
Services for students: The Student Help point is your “one-stop shop” for all questions, support, and advice that are not academic.
The Student Help Point is available online and on campus to help with everything from travel, tuition fees, accommodation, application forms, finance, and free time.
Housing services at Robert Gordon University
They will provide affordable, safe and secure accommodation for students. Your needs will be met by their flats.
What they offer:
- Standard and ensuite rooms
- 40- and 50-week tenancies (and January June or January August leases for January students).
- Internet access
- System for security entry
- Parking & storage for bikes
- Accessible public transportation links
- They offer a variety of accommodation options at competitive prices in Aberdeen.
Library Services at Robert Gordon University
The Library tower, a striking landmark in green glass, was opened as the center of the new campus at the end of May 2013.
The library has four floors of journals and books, and each floor is home to a Faculty:
- Level 6 – Aberdeen Business School
- Level 7 – Health and Social Care
- Level 8 –Technology & Design – architecture and art
- Level 9 – Design & Technology – engineering, computing
Medical services at Robert Gordon University
Disability and Dyslexia Center: They have many decades of experience in supporting students with dyslexia and sensory and mobility impairments, as well as mental health problems, autism spectrum disorders, and temporary impairments such as broken limbs.
Treehouse Early Care Centre is a purpose-built facility that offers high-quality education and cares for children 3 to 5 years old.
Sports facilities at Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University has spent more than £11 million on a state-of-the-art sports facility. This will significantly improve the sporting infrastructure in the region and serve as a social hub for the Garthdee campus.
- Sport hall
- Studio hire
Student clubs at Robert Gordon University
RGU: Union, the Student Association of RGUs. The union exists to support all RGU Students. It will make your RGU student experience the best!
RGU: Union allows students to unite to form various societies, from academic to general interests to faith.
Robert Gordon University was the first to receive accreditation from the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI).