The University of Greenwich used to be known first as Woolwich Polytechnic. It changed its name in 1992. It is a UK public university that has campuses in London and Kent. It was awarded a silver rating by the UK government’s 2019 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). It is still ranked in the latest Times Higher Education World Rankings (2022), which ranks worldwide universities between 601 and 800. According to the 2019 World University Rankings, Greenwich University ranks among the top 8 percent of all universities worldwide. Greenwich University was awarded a top European ranking for teaching excellence in the same year. It is currently ranked 89th in the Times and Sunday Times.
For academic purposes, there are three campuses: one in London and one in Medway, Kent. The university’s main campus is on the River Thames banks at the Greenwich Old Royal Naval College. Because of their stunning views, these campuses have been featured in several films and TV shows, including Pirates of the Caribbean and Skyfall. Students can enroll in full-time or part-time undergraduate, graduate and foundational courses. The University of Greenwich’s MBA in business, management and marketing is ranked in the top three in London according to the Complete University Guide 2021.
In 2019, there were 17,430 students enrolled at the university’s different levels of courses. 24% of them were Ph.D. students, and 76% were undergraduates. There were 4,761 full-time and 14,183 part-time students enrolled. The majority of students were from the UK. 8% were from Europe, and 14% were international students. There are currently 280 Indian students studying in the UK for their Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees.
Research is key before you move to a new area, especially regarding housing. Greenwich offers 2,400 spaces in halls located near or on the doorstep of each campus. You can get both direct computer network connectivity and building-wide Wi-Fi in the Evert study room. Both active and couch potato types can enjoy a free membership to the gym on campus. These sites are easily accessible by bus services, which include a free shuttle bus. The security guard on campus is available around the clock. If students wish to stay in a local flat, house or lodging, they can talk with the staff of the accommodation service.
Students who excel in academic and extracurricular pursuits are eligible for scholarships and bursaries. The University of Greenwich offers an EU Bursary, which allows first-year students of EU countries to have their tuition fees reduced. International students who receive an offer letter from this institution are eligible to receive a tuition discount of up to PS3,000 for their first year. The Sanctuary Scholarship, Greenwich Bursary and William Hills Scholarships are all available. Visionary Scholarships, and Ann Packer Sports Scholarships, are also available. It is possible to find information on the Greenwich student’s webpage.
Among the notable alumni are John Boyega, British actor and producer Natasha Bedingfield (British singer), Leo Fortune-West ex-professional footballer, Uru Eke, British actress and filmmaker, Sarah Gillespie, Sarah Gillespie, Sarah Gillespie, Sarah Gillespie, Sarah Gillespie, Sarah Gillespie, Sarah Gillespies, Miriam Green (South African/British theorist), and many others.
University Of Greenwich Campus
There are three campuses at the University of Greenwich.
Avery Hill Campus: Avery Campus is just a 30-minute train journey from central London. It contains two sites: South wood and Mansion House. They are both located at the edge of Avery Hill Park and can be reached by a 10-minute walk.
Greenwich Campus: This is the largest and most famous of the three. It is located on the banks of the Thames River, a World Heritage Site. It is often regarded as one of the best universities in the world.
Medway Campus: can be found on the Edwardian Redbrick campus and hosts the Schools of Engineering and Science.
University Of Greenwich Facilities On Campus
Advanced laboratories of the highest quality
- Modern libraries
- Film and TV studios
- State-of-the-art editing suites.
- Academic, teaching, and computing spaces
- Concert venue
University Of Greenwich Location Specialities
- Greenwich is brimming with bars, restaurants, and places to hear live music.
- North Greenwich is home to the O2, the largest music venue in the world.
- Just outside the campus gates are Cutty Sark, an 18th-century river tea cutter, and Greenwich Market, which sells craft items and street foods from around the globe.
- Avery Campus is close to the Broadway Shopping Centre in Bexleyheath and Bluewater – Europe’s largest leisure and shopping malls.
University Of Greenwich Accommodation
There are approximately 2,400 university places available in halls near the Greenwich, Avery Hill and Medway campuses. Bus services also operate between the campuses, including a free Greenwich to Avery Hill shuttle bus.
University Of Greenwich Awards
- Four Queen’s Anniversary Prizes have been awarded to the University of Greenwich for Higher and Further Education.
- Two Guardian University Awards were won, including the Research Impact Prize in 2014 and 2015.
- Nine Times Higher Education Awards were also won.
University Of Greenwich Ranking
- #801-900 Universities Rankings – ARWU (Shanghai Ranking) 2020
- #701 – 750 World University Ranking – QS 2021
- #601-801 University Ranking – THE (Times Higher Education), 2021
- #90 University Rankings (UK) – The Complete University Guide 2020
- #95 University Rankings, The Guardian 2021
- #1321 – US News & World Report 2020
University Of Greenwich Course Rankings
University of Greenwich Business Courses
- #301–400 PG Economics and Business – THE (Times Higher Education), 2021
- #68 Accounting & Finance Rating – The Complete University Guide 2021
- #103 Business & Management Studies in the UK – The Complete University Guide 2021
- #107 Management, Marketing & Business – The Guardian 2021
- #62 Accounting & Finance Rankings – The Guardian 2021
University of Greenwich Engineering Courses
- #401–500 PG Engineering and Technology (THE) 2021
- #33 Civil Engineering Ranking. The Complete University Guide 2021
- #20 Chemical Engineering Ranking-The Complete University Guide 2021
- #68 Electrical & Electronic Engineering – Complete University Guide 2021
- #29 Mechanical Engineering Ranking. The Complete University Guide 2021
- #11 Engineering – The Guardian 2021
- #48 Electronic & Electrical Engineering – Guardian 2021
- #22 Civil Engineering The Guardian 2021
University Of Greenwich Teaching Quality
The University of Greenwich is renowned for its excellent teaching quality, research excellence and high student satisfaction. It also received a Silver rating from the UK government’s Teaching Excellence Framework.
Academic Divisions: The University of Greenwich offers four faculties
Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Faculty of Education and Health
Faculty of Engineering and Science
There are many study options available
Humanities, Maritime studies,
Pharmacy and Social Sciences
Why study at the University Of Greenwich?
Teaching at a high standard
Research facilities of the highest quality
Excellent Transport link
Greenwich University is easily accessible and has great transport networks, including buses, trains, and cars. All campuses are easily accessible from the center of London.
The Avery Hill Campus Bus Stop is located just outside the campus. National Rail can be reached within a short walk.
The Greenwich campus is located in the city center of Greenwich, just a short walk away from Cutty Sark’s DLR station. It also has excellent bus connectivity.
Medway Campus: Both bus and rail are easily accessible.