The University of Dundee is a university that focuses on traditional and professional education using innovative methods. They are ranked among the top 200 universities in graduate employment rate (QS World University Rankings 2022). The University of Dundee has over 16,000 students, 3,000 staff and more than 145 countries represented. It is truly a global institution.
Here are the top reasons to study at the University of Dundee
- For the percentage of graduates who feel their activities are in line with their future plans, the University of Dundee ranks 1st in Scotland.
- QS Quacquarelli Symonds has awarded the University of Dundee a 5-star rating because of its excellent teaching and learning standards.
- Students at the University of Dundee can apply for various scholarships, including Global Excellence Scholarships of up to PS5,000 per academic year.
Some Master’s Programs at the University of Dundee
- Business and Management
- Medicine and Health
- Social Sciences
- Environmental Studies and Earth Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Natural Science and Mathematics
- Arts, Design and Architecture
- Education and Training
- Computer Science and IT
- Applied Sciences and Professions
- Hospitality, Leisure and Sports
About University of Dundee
Histories: The University of Dundee was established in 1967 after a longstanding partnership with St Andrews. Dundee was free to grow and develop its identity, becoming an outstanding institution.
Education at University of Dundee
The University of Dundee has ten Schools that each contain multiple disciplines and an associated research center or unit.
- Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design
- School of Business
- School of Dentistry
- School of Education and Social Work
- School of Humanities
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Medicine
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Science and Engineering
- School of Social Sciences
Every School offers a range of undergraduate, taught postgraduate, and research courses in a variety of subjects. Researchers teach most courses so that students can learn from experts in their field.
Research: Great research requires great ideas. The most recent Research Excellence Framework (2022) highly rates Dundee’s research. This framework evaluates the quality and impacts of research submitted to universities in the UK. Dundee was named once more the top UK university for biological sciences. It achieved outstanding results in all disciplinary clusters of Mathematical Sciences, Computer Science and Informatics. 84% of the University’s research was deemed ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally outstanding.’
Career: the University of Dundee offers some of the highest levels of graduate employment in Britain. It is the first in Scotland for graduate opportunities for graduates who agree their activities are on track with their plans.
Dundee’s Careers Service offers various services to students and graduates, helping them improve their employability and achieve their career goals.
Students can get career advice at any degree stage and even after graduation. They are available for one-on-one appointments, CV clinics, and mock interviews.
Services at the University of Dundee
Services for students
The University of Dundee offers a range of services that are meant to assist students in their studies, including:
- The Enquiry Centre is located on the city campus and can be contacted for any questions or guidance.
- The Academic Skills Centre helps students improve their academic skills.
- The Student Funding Unit provides support, information, and guidance in student financial matters.
- Peer Connections is a mentoring and buddy program that helps students adjust to university life.
- The International Advice Service provides support and advice for international students and their families.
Services for housing
- There are four options for accommodation near the city campus: Heathfield (Belmont), Seabraes (Seabraes), and West Park. The University of Dundee offers single-occupancy bedrooms with ensuite showers and toilets. There are also self-contained apartments for five to ten students.
- Each flat has its kitchen, dining area, and living space. You also have access to the University’s Wi-Fi.
- Students can get advice and support from the Student Support Team to help them have the best possible student residence experience.
The Library and Learning Centre (LLC), Dundee, consists of four library sites and a virtual library. The main library is located on the city campus. It offers all you would expect of a university library.
- Students can use more than 750 computers in libraries, study areas and IT suites. Wi-Fi can be found throughout campus and in student residences, allowing students to connect to it using their own devices.
- The University Service Desk provides IT support and is available to students seven days a week.
- The University Health Service offers students a variety of health-related services and advice. They offer counselling, sexual health clinics, and information on registering with a dentist and doctor upon arrival in Dundee.
- There are three campuses at the University of Dundee: City, Ninewells, and Kirkcaldy. Classes are easily accessible for most students with accommodations on campus or near it.
- The Dundee University Students’ Association (DUSA), the Institute of Sports and Exercises (ISE), and the Global Room are some of the facilities on the city campus. These spaces host events throughout the year that celebrate traditions from all over the globe.
- The City campus is located in the heart of Dundee and has the best restaurants, bars, cafes, and shops within walking distance. You will also find museums, art galleries and theatres close by.
- The Institute of Sport and Exercise offers a variety of exercise and sports facilities, including a gym and exercise studio, squash courts and a 25m swimming pool.
- ISE is closely associated with Dundee University Sports Union. They offer more than 40 clubs that range from traditional sports like netball or golf to skydiving or Ultimate Frisbee.
Clubs for students
- The Dundee University Student’s Association (DUSA) is on the city campus. It offers bars, cafes, nightclubs, and convenience stores.
- DUSA supports more than 250 student societies. These groups bring together students with the same interests. Students can continue with their current hobbies or explore new ones through various societies.
Apply Now: Top 15 Universities For Masters In Computer Science UK 2022/23